Monday, November 7, 2011

Let's Get Random!

Some random thoughts about the sporting world from the past week or so.

The Alabama LSU game was the best game I’ve ever watched where the only scoring was 5 field goals. 

Even though the Honey Badger didn’t do a whole lot (except for taking out Alabama’s Dre Kirkpatrick on a play he will get suspended for), Tyrann Mathieu is still my favorite player in all of college football. 

Oregon Stanford this weekend is going to be awesome.

Denard Robinson shouldn’t be playing quarterback at Michigan anymore.

Oklahoma State is not going to finish the season undefeated.

I don’t know much about what is going on with the latest Penn State and Jerry Sandusky but it sounds really terrible.  Sandusky was apparently molesting high school football players in the shower at his camps.  No joke here, the book he wrote was called, “Touched.” 

The NHL is really awesome and I think Versus/NBC does a great job covering it.  I really wish more people cared about hockey. 

Losing the Vancouver last night was really disappointing but seeing how good the Blackhawks are going to be this year has me not missing the Bulls as much as I probably should.

Steven Stamkos, for my money, is better than Sidney Crosby.

I believe this lockout is helping the Bulls more than any other team in the NBA.  D Rose is so much of the Bulls offense that playing a shortened season is only going to help him when the playoffs start.  Rose’s legs will stay fresh and we shouldn’t see him run out of gas come late 
May like we did last season.

This lockout has made me hate David Stern.

College basketball is going to make me not miss the NBA as much.  I’m not a huge college basketball guy but this seems like a great opportunity to get to know it better. 

The thing I’m worried about more than anything with the Bears Eagles game tonight is the fact that I probably won’t go to bed until 11.  I still love the Bears and hope they win, I just think I’m getting really old.

I think the Bears are going to lose by 2 touchdowns. 

Chris Johnson is the reason I’m 5-4 instead of 7-2.

Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson are the reasons why I’m 5-4 instead of 3-6. 

Theo Epstein taking over the Cubs didn’t make me nervous at first, but now, after watching him hold press conferences and conducting business the way he is doing so, is making me think the Cubs could be legit moving forward. 

I really hope Albert Pujols doesn’t sign with the Cubs.

Robin Venture looks like Jesse Isenburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment