Thursday, September 13, 2012

Bears Packers - Week Two

I'll be there ladies and gentlemen.  I got a free ticket from my boy Kurt (Burt Kolson) and I couldn't be more giddy.  I've overdosed on my football intake since Notre Dame Navy kicked off Saturday the 1st and I was trying to use this week to disconnect and calm my brain down but it's not happening.  

Lambeau Field can't wait to meet me tonight!
This is a game that will also determine whether or not I emotionally invest in the Bears this year.  If they win, I'm in.  And if they lose, I'm going to focus on the White Sox breaking my heart and dealing with Florida State losing to NC State while I'm away in Europe and can't watch.  I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I'm too old and the Bears have broken my heart too much for me to excited about a 1-1 start.  

My prediction:  Cutler and Rodgers go back and forth the entire game, we see tons of Lambeau Leaps (someone at my office called it "Lambeau Jump" no joke, and he poses like he really cares about football and the Bears, what a jerk), and Cutty to B Marsh connections.  I'll even throw in a special teams touchdown by each team just because I can.  Someone wins the game 41-38 but I'm not gonna say who.  

Ok fine, I'll take the Bears, but only because I deserve to be a homer a couple times a year.  

Tomorrow, Ryan and I break down this week's college football games worth watching, but for right now, let's go Bears!  

Lambeau Jump.  Wow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment