Friday, September 14, 2012

College Football Fun with Ryan McMahon




  
This Ducks fan used Ryan's week one picks
Welcome to week 3!  Let’s jump in.  

#20 Notre Dame (+5.5) at #10 Michigan State

Sef Sam Holy:  Does Notre Dame have a chance to beat Michigan State this week?  What about Michigan?

Ryan:  They absolutely have to beat them both, and I think they will. I say that because I imagine(hope) that Reese will break his leg in the 1st qtr. 

Sef Sam Holy:  I know you have to hate them, but is that what you honestly think? That ND will beat MSU?

I think MSU wins big Saturday night and I'm not just saying that because I hate Notre Dame, I just think the Spartans are legitimately good.  Like, they could be a 10 win team in the SEC good. 

Ryan:  NO, I dont really believe that at all.  As much as I wish they could somehow pull it out I know that MSU is just too talented.   They are coached better and that D-Line is going to cause Reese to throw several picks, because.... well... thats all he's good at.  If ND starts "that other guy" at QB they still lose but look more athletic doing it.  ND will cover

#18 Florida (+3) at #23 Tennessee   

Tyler Bray is gangster
Sef Sam Holy:  South Carolina and Georgia got all the pub in everyone's preseason previews on the SEC East. People even said that Florida would be the dark horse school if Jeff Driskel proved to be any good. But let me go out and say on record that everyone should have been talking about Tennessee. Tyler Bray is legit and will be the best QB in the conference and with Justin Hill and Cordarrelle Patterson to chuck it to.  I think they not only beat Florida by 10 in Knoxville, but they now serve as America's best chance to knock off Alabama in a couple weeks.

Ryan:  Couldn't disagree more, Ill concede Bray may be the best QB in the conference but that’s all they got.  Florida's new ground and pound offense will control the ball and allow only a few big plays to that TN offense.  Volunteers are favored by three and not only will those Gators cover, they will win outright!!  In truth I like neither team long-term, but Saturday in Tennessee, Florida runs its way to 3-0.

#1 Alabama (-20) at Arkansas

"I'm so glad I don't have to play Saturday"
Sef Sam Holy:  Losing to Louisiana Monroe really took the pizazz out of this Saturdays matchup between these two SEC West squads but I think Alabama won this game when Bobby Petrino crashed his motorcycle with his younger, not that attractive and already engaged, mistress on the back. Alabama runs all over the Razorbacks, injures Tyler Wilson’s backup, Brandon Allen or Mitchell, and wins by 3 TD's.

Ryan:  Can’t argue with you even though I want to purely for fun but Tyler Wilson will not play Saturday and he must be so, so, so happy.  Because Alabama will cover the 20 points in a route, maybe if Wilson was healthy and maybe if Bama's defense had to count to 5 Mississippi before they could rush I would give the razorbacks a chance to cover.  But this is real football and Arkansas isn’t nearly as good at real football as I thought they were a month ago.

#2 USC (-8.5) at #21 Stanford

Sef Sam Holy:  Neither team has really impressed me. Last week Syracuse hung up 29 on a USC defense that was supposed to be as good as anyone in the country. I think missing 10 scholarships and still not being as deep as they need to be on that side of the ball hurts the Trojans chances at running the table. I'll take USC by 6.5, anything more than that, give me the Stanford Cardinal (I picked the game before I saw the line so I had to stay with Stanford).

Ryan:  So you’re taking the Cardinal to cover??  That’s not going to work out well for you, Stanford hasn’t looked good they are only ranked becuase last year they some guy named Luck who is no longer there.  USC wins big, their #1 and #2 wide receivers are the 2 best in the country.  Sure the Trojan defense isn't nearly as good as most thought but they won’t have to be verse The Cardinal.  USC wins by 14 and probably looks bored halfway through the 3rd quarter.  Yippie for Lane Kiffin.

Sef Sam Holy:  This weeks upset special....Idaho over LSU!

Just kidding

I’ll also take BYU (-21) over Utah

Ryan:  My upset special..... Utah over BYU, giving the (whatever nickname the state of Utah has) state some love this week.

We both agree but don’t have much to say about.
FSU (-27.5) over Wake
Northwestern (-3.5) over Boston College

Enjoy your weekend ladies and gentlemen.  I’ll be at Rebel in Wrigleyville at 10am Saturday for some FSU football if you need me. 

There won't be any body paint on Sef Sam Holy Saturday, but Rebel should be a good time

Record to Date:
Sef Sam Holy – 5-4
Ryan – 4-5

Last thing, Lambeau is awesome, the Bears are not.   

No comments:

Post a Comment