Friday, October 7, 2011

Week Five - NFL Picks

I think it’s important when writing a sports blog, that you get "different perspectives."  Because your average fan really only watches 3-4 games per week, it’s hard to get hard-hitting, accurate analysis from Joe Regular Guy.  Sure, we know the Saints score a lot of points and the Chargers aren’t good in September, but it’s not because we actually study the X’s and O’s.  Basically, we just say things that everyone already knows, add that up, and come out with a prediction against a point spread that’s correct half the time. 

This week, Mustache Sports, has asked some female readers (Amy Smole, Natalie Smole, Molly Brown, and Daly Donnellan) to provide their insight into this Sunday’s matchups.  They may not give you any sort of strategic information about why a game will turn out a certain way, but they definitely provide a "different perspective." 

I’m also posting the picks from one of our readers, Dave Martinez.  If he’s able to beat everyone that’s submitted their picks, he will win a yet to be designed or made, Mustache Sports T-Shirt. Good luck!

Ladies and gentlemen, your week 5 Mustache Sports NFL Picks. 

Tennessee Titans (Pk) at Pittsburgh Steelers

I love the state of Tennessee and I had such a blast in Nashville one summer so this week I am putting my money on the Tennessee Titans to straight kill the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Amy Smole – Titans
Dave Martinez – Steelers
Sef Sam Holy - Titans

Seattle Seahawks +10 at New York Giants

I love the Manning family, I saw some special on them on ESPN one Sunday and ever since then I've been a fan.  This may be a tough call this week since both teams have such strong players, but I gotta go with my man Eli Manning and the New York Giants.

Amy Smole – Giants
Dave Martinez – Seahawks
Sef Sam Holy - Giants

Cincinnati Bengals +3 at Jacksonville Jaguars

This one is an easy pick for me, Cincy baby!  Not only do I love their mascot, the Bengal, but it's Halloween so the black and orange is fitting for an October win.

Amy Smole – Bengals
Dave Martinez – Jaguars
Sef Sam Holy - Jaguars

New Orleans Saints -7 at Carolina Panthers

I choose the New Orleans Saints because Reggie Bush plays on that team I think, at least when he was dating Kim Kardashian.

Natalie Smole – Saints
Dave Martinez – Saints
Sef Sam Holy - Saints

Oakland Raiders +6 at Houston Texans

I’ve never heard of the Houston Texans ….so that name could be fake and you are trying to trick me.  Either way, I choose them because I went to Houston this year and it was awesome.

Natalie Smole – Texans
Dave Martinez – Raiders
Sef Sam Holy - Texans

Philadelphia Eagles -3 at Buffalo Bills

Philadelphia Eagles will lose because Kendra’s husband is/was on that team and he is terrible.  But the Buffalo Bills….that name sounds fake to me too.

Natalie Smole – Bills
Dave Martinez – Bills
Sef Sam Holy - Eagles

Kansas City Chiefs +3 at Indianapolis Colts

This is going to be a close game.  I think the Indianapolis Colts are going to pull through here.  Even though they are missing their quarterback, I think they deserve it after all the changes they've gone through in the beginning of the season.  This one is for Peyton! (even though I hear he cheats on his wife)

Molly Brown – Colts
Dave Martinez – Colts
Sef Sam Holy – Colts

Arizona Cardinals +3 at Minnesota Vikings

The Arizona Cardinals are going to destroy the Vikings.  I hate Brett Favre.  I know he doesn't play for the Vikings anymore but I don't respect their decision to have him as a quarterback.  I think since he's left they are having a hard time figuring out their place in the NFL and don't have a solid line-up.  But then again, I don't want Brett Favre to think they need him in order to win.  I'm predicting an injury from the Vikings is going to bring the Cardinals to the top this week.

Molly Brown – Cardinals
Dave Martinez – Vikings
Sef Sam Holy - Vikings

Tampa Bay Bucs +3 at San Francisco 49ers

San Francisco, just because.

Molly Brown – 49ers
Dave Martinez – Bucs
Sef Sam Holy – 49ers

New York Jets +9 at New England Patriots

My pick goes to New England for one reason and two words: Tom Brady.  It is all I know and it's all I care to know.  Class dismissed.

Daly Donnellan – Patriots
Dave Martinez – Patriots
Sef Sam Holy – Jets

San Diego Chargers -4 at Denver Broncos

Every time I fly out of Denver, my flight gets delayed. In August, I was stuck in Denver for 6 hours waiting to take off.  Where was I going?  San Diego.  San Diego wins my pick. 

Daly Donnellan – Chargers
Dave Martinez – Chargers
Sef Sam Holy – Chargers

Green Bay Packers -6 at Atlanta Falcons

Atlanta all the way.  They won the Super Bowl last year.   Plus, it's not like they run around with cheese on their heads so obviously I have to give winners my vote of confidence. 

Daly Donnellan – Falcons
Dave Martinez – Packers
Sef Sam Holy – Packers

No comments:

Post a Comment